Friday, August 12, 2011

She's Trying to Kill Me...

Missy woke up at 1am this morning. I waited in vain with my eyes closed, hoping to avoid becoming wide awake and ruining my chance for a good night's rest. But her crying continued. And continued. And continued. Every time I went in to comfort her and check on her, she was bright eyed and ready to play. At 1am! At 2 am! At 3am... People really can die from lack of sleep. The brain will eventually start to shut down, rendering its exhausted victim insane prior to dying. So I am convinced Missy is indeed, trying to kill me. I may already be in a state of delirium. I'm too tired to know for certain...

So it is going to be an entire pot of coffee kind of day. Despite her lack of sleep, Missy seems energetic and content. My head still feels like it is spinning and I'm pretty sure the world is moving in slow motion today. John wrote me today. Several emails actually. So as groggy as I am, I still consider it a good morning and a great start to the day. How could I not? His emails maintain a certain level of normalcy around here. After all, a wife is supposed to talk to her husband daily. Typically in person, but that's a minor detail, right?

Last night was wonderful. Missy stayed home with our sitter, while Meghan, Ashley and I went out for dinner and a movie. We saw the Change Up, which I think provides one of the most accurate portrayals of parenthood. As a mother, it was absolutely hilarious. I'm not sure a single or childless individual would enjoy the movie nearly as much.

Sorry for the scatterbrained post. It is the best I could muster up today. I did say you would get the unique opportunity to hear my thoughts, and my mind is rarely a well organized place. I will leave you with the image of Missy playing with her croissant. It is a chocolate croissant which she has torn a small piece off of. The outside is bread of course, but part of the chocolate inside if protruding from the fragment. To Missy this apparently resembles a dog. And so, she is bouncing the fragment around on the table making it "woof".

Farewell friends,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment