Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Procrastinating...

So here I am sitting on my red couch, more than likely wasting valuable brain cells on Facebook: my obsession. I should be making up my food shopping list... I should be taking a shower after the jog I went on earlier... I should be cleaning my house (We won't go into any more detail there... you'd judge me if you knew how much I had to do!) But no, I'm sitting here leafing mindlessly through FB. Ha, and now I'm writing this, so getting farther from what needs to be done by the minute. Oh gosh, and my Bible study homework that I'm desperately behind on. Haven't even started this week's! Beth Moore would be disappointed in me. Well, while I'm here avoiding my responsibilities, might as well tell you about my day.

I prayed for rain. Yes, that's right. I laid in my double bed, sandwiched by my two 50 lb dogs, and prayed for more bad weather. Why? Because apparently I enjoy wallowing in self-pity. I prayed for rain to get me out of my waterpark date, so I could sit inside my messy house, on my red couch, and do nothing in the relative darkness of the overcast day. This was preferable than barreling down waterslides in the sun. Yes, I'm ridiculously irritational and emotional at times. No, I probably wouldn't want to hang out with me either due to these shortcomings, but that just makes me all the more grateful for my dear friends. Anyway, I prayed earnestly for a continuation of my isolation and laziness. God answered by ending our week-long downpour and brought the sun out in all its glory. I grimaced and cursed when I opened the blinds. Sigh, oh well, guess I'll get ready then. Well it's a good thing someone has my best interest in mind, because I had a great day and it very much lifted my spirits! The waterpark was just wonderful and the company of my two dear friends (and Missy of course), was even better. And as a bonus, seeing my less than fantastic physique upon reviewing the photos from the day has motivated me to get back on my exercise routine and stop drowning my miseries in food. My waistline thanked me in advance... I think my hips may have as well, but they were muffled by the awesome lovehandles bearing down upon them. Well, now that you think I'm a 400 lb gollum, let's move on...

The rest of the day was relaxed and fairly uneventful. I chatted with my husband, bathed my child after our family run with friends (I'm not totally irresponsible... I make sure her needs are met), put Missy to bed and psyched myself up for all that I was going to accomplish before bed. So far I've achieved none of it and guess who's feeling tired? I wonder how much I can accomplish in the next 45 mins... Probably a lot more if I got off of my blog that no one is reading anyway!

Alright, I'm going to say I'm not procrastinating any more, but there is a fair chance I'm actually just switching back over to FB to check my notification and will then become engrossed for another 30 mins instead.

Farewell for now,

Bea

3 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to a new blog post... :D It helps me procrastinate as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go my dear, I did another one just for you! I hope you find it mildly interesting! Thanks for reading! I find procrastinating keeps me in check from being too productive. I wouldn't want to tire myself out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like every SAHM I have ever known. That is why I chose a career, so that my life would be interesting and I would be doing something important. Plus I suck at housework. Never liked it except for cooking. Well, guess what? now after 25+ years of working, I want to do what you are doing! I would have my arse in a beach chair at the ocean every day. My house likely would be messy, too, and Lord knows the laundry would never get done.

    ReplyDelete