Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Playing Catch Up

So here I am, drinking cup of coffee #4, eating some spinach quiche and polishing off the last cupcake. I know, my family doctor is cringing all the way from the medical clinic. I like to tell myself that my P90X work outs (which I finally started up again, hooray!) and my 2.5 mile jogs every day make up for my other less than impressive habits. So what have I been up to during this 10 day black out? A whole lot of staying artificially awake (shout out to Folgers on that one!), I'm now on phase 1, week 2 of P90X (one step at a time!), my jogging has increased from its initial length of 1.5 miles to 2.5 miles a day (I'm kind to myself and I don't time my jogs...) and I am hiking (uneventfully) again! I have been on two additional hikes since the hike from hell, which brings me to the halfway point in my hiking book! My original goal was to complete all of the hikes I could do with Missy on my back in her little backpack carrier (okay, ginormous, over-sized hiking monstrosity), but, since I will have completed that mission with this weekend's hike and we are only halfway through our time here, I figured I would go all out and aim to complete every hike in the book! Don't worry, Missy will be safe and well cared for at home with our darling sitter.

And that is honestly about the extent of it. I'm really not horribly fascinating you know. Missy has been seeing just how long she can postpone my purchasing a new camera (it was the sole victim of the hike from hell) by breaking everything in sight. John and I worked out a deal that if I spend under a certain amount, anything under that amount goes to my new camera. So how long it takes to save up that money is up to me. Fast forward to Missy throwing a dog bone through the glass of the entertainment center (joke's on her, I already had replacement panels, ha!) and using one of her little friend's DS systems as a bath toy (joke's on me... $200 later). She also painted on one of my couches (thank you Crayola for washable kid paint, it is greatly appreciated). I've been debating adding a recipes section to my blog (since I'm so awesome at keeping up with my blog in general...) and I have repeatedly vowed to go to bed earlier. So far I've failed myself miserably and not closed my eyes until midnight at the earliest. I am still uncertain as to what I actually do. As far as I can discern, I look at the clock at 9pm, blink and it is 1230am. Perhaps my clocks are broken... On that note, I really should get on today's work out! Thanks for reading!!

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment